Friday, September 27, 2019

30-minute daily worry period

Hello Friends,

As you all know, I am taking classes in M.A. in psychology. One of the course, which I am pursuing this semester is 'Adult Psychopath', which talks about different mental disorders, their symptoms, diagnosis and treatment. Well, more I learn about mind, more I feel that we all require counselling for something or other problems in our lives. Unknowingly, we develop some thought patterns which are not good for our mental health. Early intervention helps in not forming of these negative thought patterns.

Anyways, I came to know about this very interesting technique which we all can use in our lives called  '30-minute daily worry period'.
Basically, you assign '30-minute' of your time everyday for your worries, ideally same time and in same setting. If you are worrying and you realize it with some awareness, try to postpone the thinking for that worry to the 30-minute period which you have allocated later in the day. You can generate self-statements something like ' I know it is a problem, it is really bothering you, it needs to be looked at, but right now I have something else to do, I will certainly talk about it with you today at 5.30 pm or whatever time allocated'. But make sure you think about it, analyze about it , try to find solution in that allocated time.
It will help you to focus on the current task which you are doing. And do it everyday to see the effect.

We keep chattering in our minds most of the time about anything and everything, and sometimes due to situation/events we are stressed then same thoughts gets generated in the mind over and over again,   it drains your energy, you loose focus at whatever you are doing , it hits you badly personally, professionally. With little awareness, we can realize that there is something wrong here but don't know how to come out of this deadlock. That's where generative positive self statments, breathing exercises , meditation and introspection helps.

BE YOUR OWN FRIEND .





References :
Osborne, R.E., Lafuze, J.E., Perkins, D.V. (2016). General Anxiety Disorder. Case Analyses for Abnormal Psychology, Learning to Look Beyond the Symptoms, 2: 48-53.

No comments:

Post a Comment