Monday, July 28, 2025

🌺 One-of-a-Kind Experience: A Glimpse of Moksha

 

🌺 One-of-a-Kind Experience: A Glimpse of Moksha

One of the most unforgettable spiritual moments of my life came unexpectedly — during my first job.

My first employer had designed a beautiful foundation course for freshers, held in a peaceful, natural setting in a small town in South India. Every morning at 6 a.m., we were required to attend a yoga session — attendance was tracked, so there was no escaping!

These sessions included breathing exercises and pranayama, and toward the end of the month, we were introduced to Sudarshan Kriya.
The experience was indescribable — a glimpse of moksha, of complete freedom.
It felt as though everything was happening by itself, and I was merely a witness to the events, the body, the thoughts, the surroundings.

Later, when I listened to an Indian spiritual teacher describe Nirvana or Mukti, I was stunned — because the way he described that state exactly matched what I had felt in that moment.

Inspired by that feeling, I went on to do several advanced yoga courses over the years.
But that exact experience — that profound stillness and freedom — never came again.
Still, it showed me that such a state is real. It exists. And perhaps, I had touched it — just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment